Remote printer configuration: HP UX 10.20
Last modified: Tuesday, November 11, 2014 10:25 PM
Login as root user and run sam to configure printer.
- As root, run /usr/bin/sam or /usr/sbin/sam.
- Double-click each Printers and Plotters -> LPSpooler -> Printers/Plotters.
- Click Actions -> Add remote Printer/Plotter... in the menu.
- In the printer configuration window, enter the following:
- Printer Name: printer name to be used on the print command line.
- Remote System Name: IP address or hostname of the PC where Xlpd is installed. If the IP address is not accepted, then the hostname should be registered in /etc/hosts file as explained in General setup.
- Remote Printer Name: Enter the queue name registered in Xlpd. If this name is not already registered in Xlpd and a print job is sent to Xlpd using this queue, then Xlpd will print the job using its default queue or create a new queue automatically depending on the Xlpd settings.
- Remote Printer is on a BSD system: this field must be checked.
- Leave other fields as default.
- Click OK to exit sam.
- To print a file on HP UX 10.x, the following command line is used.
$ /usr/bin/lpr -dPrinter_name filename