Creating a session
Last modified: Thursday, November 13, 2014 1:14 AM
You can create an FTP or SFTP session for later use.
- On the File menu, click New. RESULT: The New Session dialog box appears.
- In the Name box, enter a session name.
- In the Host box, enter the hostname or IP address of the server.
- In the Protocol list, select an appropriate protocol.
- In the Port Number box, type or select the port number used by the remote server.
- In the User Name box, enter an account name of the remote server.
Note: If the User Name box is left empty, a dialog box asking a user name will appear when you attempt to connect the session.
- Click OK.
RESULT: A new session has been created and you are ready to connect to the remote host now.