Connecting to a remote host with SFTP
Last modified: Thursday, November 13, 2014 1:16 AM
Once you have created an SFTP session, you can now connect to the remote host.
- On the File menu, click Open.
- In the session list, select the session you want to connect to and click Connect.
RESULT: The SSH User Authentication dialog box appears.
Note: If the session has no User Name, a dialog box asking the user name will appear.
- For the Password authentication, just enter your password in the Password box, and click OK.
- For the Public Key authentication, select a user key in the list and type a passphrase in the Passphrase box and click OK.
Note: If there is no user key, see Public Key User Authentication.
- For the Keyboard Interactive (Generic Message Exchange) authentication, just click OK and then generic authentication steps will follow.