Xmanager Knowledge Base
Cannot start Matlab from Xshell
Last modified: Tuesday, January 29, 2013 12:14 AM
This article explains how you can fix the problem with opening Matlab from Xshell. You get the following error message when opening Matlab from Xshell:
X connection to localhost:12.0 broken (explicit kill or server shutdown).
This problem occurs because Matlab uses a script file to start the application and while opening the application, it makes multiple connections to Xmanager. And, when the Terminate at reset feature is enabled in Xmanager, connection is terminated after the first connection is closed.
To resolve this problem, disable the Terminate at rest option and use the Local Only mode for Window Mode. To dot his:
1. Open Xconfig and double click on the profile you use (by default, the Default Profile is used).
2. Make sure Auto detect is selected from the Window Mode section.
3. Make sure the Terminate at Reset option is disabled.
4. Click on the Settings... button from the Window Mode section.
RESULT: Window Mode Settings dialog box opens.
5. Click on the Multiple Window Mode tab.
6. Select Local Only from the Window Manager list.
7. Click OK to save the changes.
All Xmanager versions
All Xshell versions