Xmanager Knowledge Base
I get "localhost:12.0 broken (explicit kill or server shutdown)." when launching an application from Xshell
Last modified: Friday, September 4, 2009 12:10 AM
PROBLEM DESCRIPTIONWhen you launch an X application such as Matlab or Catia from Xshell, you get the following error message and the application fails to start:
X connection to localhost:12.0 broken (explicit kill or server shutdown).
The problem may occur when the X application initiates multiple instances with Xmanager before launching the main program and the "Terminate at reset" option is enabled on Xmanager.
To resolve this problem, disable 'Terminate at reset' option. To do so, please follow the instruction below:
- Open Properties of a Xconfig profile.
- In the General tab, uncheck Terminate at reset option.
- Click Settings of Window Mode.
- In Window Mode Settings dialog box, click the Multiple Window Mode tab.
- In the Window Manager list box, select Local Only.
- Click OK.
Note: You should use Local Only for the Window Manager option when using Matlab.