Xmanager Knowledge Base
How to type in Chinese when using Xstart
Last modified: Friday, September 4, 2009 12:12 AM
When you are using Xstart to launch individual application, you cannot type in Chinese.?
To type in Chinese within the applications launched from Xstart, two things must be done:
- Install the Chinese font pack.
- Start Chinese input process on the remote host
To do this, follow the instruction below:
- Install Chinese font from the following URL:
- Set following environmental variables on remote server.
- Language setting:
$ export LANG=# name of your Chinese here
Ex) export LANG=zh_CH.gb18030
- XMODIFIERS setting:
$ export XMODIFIERS=@im=Chinput
- Start Chinese input server
$ chinput &
- Start gnome-terminal