Xshell Forum

Store default Password for all new sessions?

Last post: Tuesday, May 12, 2009 11:50 AM by coolguy, 5 reply

Sunday, May 10, 2009 12:03 PM - coolguy

Store default Password for all new sessions?

Hi,

All of my servers have same password. I was wondering when connecting to new servers not in saved sessions list, Is it possible for Xshell to only prompt for Username and use the default password?

Program Ver. : Xshell 3.0
Monday, May 11, 2009 4:08 PM - Support

Re: Store default Password for all new sessions?

Thank you for your feedback. This feature is not available in Xshell. We will consider adding it to the next edition. However, please be aware that adding a default password for all sessions can be a dangerous practice.

Meanwhile, if you are using TELNET, you can use the "wait & response" feature (Default session profile > Logon scripts). To do this,

1. Open the Default session properties window.
  2. Click the 'Logon Scripts' menu.
  3. Select the "Execute the following Expect & Send pairs" option.
  4. Click the Add button.
    Result: Expect & Send dialog box opens.
  5. For the Expect field, type in the shared part of the string used by the servers when requesting for user's password.
    Note: A common example of this is 'assword:'.
  6. For the Send field, type in the password.
  7. Select the 'Hide this text' option.
  8. Click the OK button to save the changes.

After the changes are saved, when you make a new connection without creating a session, you only need to enter your user name. Password will be answered automatically.

---
Technical Support

Tuesday, May 12, 2009 7:14 AM - coolguy

I am doing SSH session, so it seems to have no impact? It still prompts for PASSWORD popup window?
Tuesday, May 12, 2009 8:23 AM - coolguy

I got it now.. It works when you are inside an existing session and do su - username, which is great. but, I wanted to have it for creating new sessions as well. I guess that feature will come next.
Tuesday, May 12, 2009 9:07 AM - Support

I am glad to hear that it worked. I certainly have added the feature to our requested feature list and hope to see it come to life soon.

---
Technical Support
Tuesday, May 12, 2009 11:50 AM - coolguy

So no workaround for nowto get it to work for new sessions?