Xshell Forum

Shortcut keys editor, and color control codes

Last post: Tuesday, March 9, 2010 12:12 AM by Support, 5 reply

Sunday, May 4, 2008 4:09 AM - Todvard

Shortcut keys editor, and color control codes

Hi XShell Team,

first of all, let me express my appreciation, i think that XShell is the number one ssh client nowadays. I have used few of them, but after switching to XShell i was really amazed at the dozens of great functions integrated into it. Thank you!

I have two small problems with it:
1. i would be very pleased if could remap all of the keyboard shortcuts of XShell. I got used to using Alt+Enter, Alt+p, Alt+n (etc.. etc..) in midnight commander under linux which i cannot do now or if i enable "Use Alt as Meta key" in the properties then i can not use Alt+1..0 in XShell in order to access other sessions.. :( Is there any solution?
2. if XShell could handle color control codes as putty does, that would be just great.

Thanks again for that nice piece of software!

Program Ver. : Xshell 3.0
Tuesday, May 6, 2008 6:55 PM - Support

Re: Shortcut keys editor, and color control codes

1. Thank you for the feature request. We will consider adding it to our future releases.

2. Have you tried using the color schemes? On the Xshell toolbar, select a color scheme by clicking the color scheme icon (Next to the globe icon). To create a new color scheme, go to Tools > Color Schemes. If you meant for a different feature, please describe it in more detail.

---
Technical Support

Tuesday, May 6, 2008 10:15 PM - Todvard

Re: Re: Shortcut keys editor, and color control codes

1. ok, on second thought i think there is no need for editor, option for editing ALL shortcut keys in a text file like example_xx.mnu for menus would be more than enough.

2. as for the color codes, i could not separate the look of directory-s and files in midnight commander. i have tried to do it for hours in color scheme editor with no luck. it seems that in XShell AND using midnight commander there is no difference between regular ansi colors and ansi bold. i don't know if its an xshell or an mc bug, but in putty i could do it (sorry for this comparison):
In putty the look of directories controlled by ANSI bold color codes, the look of files controlled by regular ansi color codes.
In XShell the look of both directories AND files controlled by regular ansi colors. I don't know if it's a feature or bug :)
Wednesday, May 7, 2008 7:03 PM - Support

Re: Re: Re: Shortcut keys editor, and color control codes

Thank you very much. We see the problem color problem. We will fix the problem and release a patch soon.

---
Technical Support
Monday, March 8, 2010 11:11 PM - reaper

When will be added remap function?
Tuesday, March 9, 2010 12:12 AM - Support

Next version will have keymap feature. Open beta will start on the 3rd quarter of this year.

---
Technical Support