Xshell Forum

Broken terminal visuals

Last post: Friday, August 24, 2018 12:41 PM by Bjoern, 2 reply

Wednesday, August 15, 2018 1:51 PM - Bjoern

Broken terminal visuals

Hej,

xshell seems to mess up the output of certain CLI tools. For example "htop" - See attachments

In Xshell the top section is completely messed up whereas the same htop on the same system looks perfectly fine when using Putty or "Ubuntu Shell" from WSL.

Greetings,
Bjoern

Program Ver. : Xshell 6
Thursday, August 23, 2018 2:32 AM - Support

Re: Broken terminal visuals

Hey there! We've been attempting to reproduce this issue for awhile. We tried reproducing this issue in a recent version of Ubuntu, Ubuntu WSL, and CentOS, but we haven't had any luck. There seems to be another condition to have this issue appear.

Can you try again after changing the encoding or TERM type? We are continuing to investigate and would appreciate any other information you can provide in order to reproduce the issue.

Also, since you have a purchased license with valid maintenance, I encourage you to submit future issues through our website here: https://www.netsarang.com/support/request_form.html

Technical Support

Like us on Facebook
Follow us on Twitter
Visit our blog Blog
Friday, August 24, 2018 12:41 PM - Bjoern

Re: Broken terminal visuals

Hej,

thanks for the reply.

I gave it a try and switched the Terminal Type from "xterm" to "linux" and the output looks OK.

"make menuconfig" for the Linux-Kernel was hardly usable with terminal type "xterm" with terminal type "linux" its is perfectly fine.

Changing the encoding from UTF-8 to Central European (ISO) or anything else didn't help for terminal type "xterm"

Thanks for directing me to the right page for future requests.

If you want to have access to a terminal on my server for testing, just contact me via eMail.

Greetings,
Bjoern