Xshell Forum

Change Quick Command with custom key mapping

Last post: Tuesday, March 20, 2018 3:19 AM by Support, 5 reply

Saturday, March 3, 2018 9:34 AM - Ibrar Ansari

Change Quick Command with custom key mapping

Hello All,

I am a new user here, I am just started using Xshell6 Beta.
But i am facing a big problem with this software.
I have multiple quick command set. Like Apache, MySQl, PHP etc.
and I added custom key mapping with it. like ctrl + R = Quick commond set 01

When I selected quick command set. Like Apache at that time it restart apache but when I selected quick command set mysql or other like php at that time it's gone with wrong quick command set.

This is very big issue with your software so I stopped using this software.

Program Ver. : Xshell 6

Also, Please add auto session backup option.
Friday, March 9, 2018 5:46 PM - Support

Re: Change Quick Command with custom key mapping

Quick commands are owned by each session. Are you sure you are applying the correct quick command set to the session?

Technical Support

Like us on Facebook
Follow us on Twitter
Visit our blog Blog
Wednesday, March 14, 2018 6:33 AM - Ibrar Ansari

I am using Multiple Quick commands in single session

I have multiple quick command set. Like Apache, MySQl, PHP etc.
and I added custom key mapping with it. like ctrl + R = Quick commond set 01

When I selected quick command set. Like Apache and press "ctrl + R" at that time it restart apache but when I selected quick command set mysql and press "ctrl + R" It's stop my mysql server .

When I selected quick command set. Like Apache and press "ctrl + R" at that time it restart apache but when I selected quick command set php and press "ctrl + R" It's uninstall whole php .

Please see attachment.
Thursday, March 15, 2018 3:45 PM - Support

I believe the first command of your Quick Command set of Mysql is set to to send a string in order to stop the mysql server and the first command of the PHP set is for uninstalling.

Double check what string is set in the first command after changing the Quick Commands set.

Technical Support

Like us on Facebook
Follow us on Twitter
Visit our blog Blog
Saturday, March 17, 2018 7:31 AM - Ibrar Ansari

"Quick commands are owned by each session. Are you sure you are applying the correct quick command set to the session?
I believe the first command of your Quick Command set of Mysql is set to to send a string in order to stop the mysql server and the first command of the PHP set is for uninstalling.
Double check what string is set in the first command after changing the Quick Commands set."

You are right, but i need some global command which works with every session with same command.

I need some command for every session but i have to set the same command in all "Quick Command Set". But i shouldn't do this.

Let's see my scenario:
I need some "main" command in every session and every Quick command set like:
CTRL+L = List all (ls)
CTRL+N = List all In numeric way (stat -c '%A %a %n' *)
F10 = Clear screen (clear)
F12 = Clear terminal history (cat /dev/null > ~/.bash_history && history -c)

I made "main quick command set" for these command. While I changing
another quick command set at that time I am not able to use these all commands.

Please don't reply to me with this answer "You should add these commands in every quick commands set"

Because I have 24 main commands which 4 described above.

And finally the whole quick commands set is not showing in "Quick command List (Label)". Please suggest me how to see whole command in Quick command pane.
Please see attachment.

Thanks.
Attachment Xshell.jpg (86.4 KB)  
Tuesday, March 20, 2018 3:19 AM - Support

This would require some kind of Quick commands sharing feature which is currently not implemented. We'll reference your requirements when discussing adding this feature. The only thing I can suggest at this point is to use custom key mappings as they are applied to all sessions.

Concerning your Quick command pane issue, I'll have this reported to our dev team.

Technical Support

Like us on Facebook
Follow us on Twitter
Visit our blog Blog