Xshell Forum

corrupt password after reinstalling windows

Last post: Thursday, September 14, 2017 2:45 PM by Dmitry, 3 reply

Monday, September 11, 2017 8:39 PM - Dmitry

corrupt password after reinstalling windows

After reinstalling windows and backing up %userprofile%\Documents\NetSarang\Xshell\Sessions, I've reinstalled Xshell 5 and restored Sessions folder with *xsh files in it. Sessions now opened OK, but passwords are incompatible and are not accepted by server.
For example, password stored in backed up *.xsh file, but not accepted by server, is the following:

Password=sKU+hFLxLv5CTWY1K7qHDzepK7p6PbJGhh3K9qCFo4nGgrg1kH+F9w==

Since password i not accepted, I had to enter clear password manually in Xshell prompt during connection and now it was stored in *.xsh file as:

Password=1oO9l/nkmNJCTWY1K7qHDzepK7p6PbJGhh3K9qCFo4nGgrg1kH+F9w==

Tell please, how to restore all backed up passwords? Which version ща Xshell I need to install?

Program Ver. : Xshell 5
Tuesday, September 12, 2017 6:43 AM - Dmitry

Re: corrupt password after reinstalling windows

BTW, the source password is Qo4gdFGs

which version of Xshell gives its hash

sKU+hFLxLv5CTWY1K7qHDzepK7p6PbJGhh3K9qCFo4nGgrg1kH+F9w==

?
Wednesday, September 13, 2017 4:24 PM - Support

This is not a Version related issue. If certain user information is changed including the OS, the session file passwords cannot be used. To maintain session file passwords, we recommend using the session export feature in Xshell or designating a master password.

If it is too late to take any of these actions, you'll need to change your session files passwords. You can edit multiple sessions simultaneously in the tree view of the sessions dialog box to achieve this quickly.

Technical Support

Like us on Facebook
Follow us on Twitter
Visit our blog Blog
Thursday, September 14, 2017 2:45 PM - Dmitry

Thank You for reply.