Xshell Forum

Xshell5 doesn't open an Xftp5 session for some servers

Last post: Wednesday, August 9, 2017 7:11 PM by Support, 1 reply

Friday, July 28, 2017 3:45 PM - Ivan

Xshell5 doesn't open an Xftp5 session for some servers

Hello.

I use Xshell5 + Xftp5 and actually they have a very good feature of interconnection when you can open an SFTP session right from the Xshell window. But there is a problem which appears only for some servers, in my case Linux, but OS doesn't matter I think. If I have already opened Xftp with one or several active SFTP sessions then if I click on the "New file transfer" button in Xshell, nothing happens - no new Xftp tab open, no any warning or error, just nothing. But there is an interesting moment that if I close Xftp at all, clicking on the "New file transfer" button in the same session of the problem server opens Xftp with one session. If i click the second time in the same Xshell session, then nothing happens. At the same time for other servers everything works fine - new tabs in Xftp opens every time one by one.

I checked it on several computers with Windows 7, 10 - the result is the same.

This issue is really annoying because if I need to open an SFTP session to a problem server, I have to close Xftp with all my sessions opened before and start it anew by means of clicking on "Newfile transfer" in the current problem server. Maybe someone has also encounter it and this is a known issue?

I don't know what could be a reason of such a behavior. Can you please share with me some debug methods that may help in the investigation? I have compared the sshd demon and its settings on the normal and problem servers - they are the same.

Thank you.

Program Ver. : Xshell 5
Wednesday, August 9, 2017 7:11 PM - Support

Re: Xshell5 doesn't open an Xftp5 session for some servers

Thanks for the detailed explanation. We are currently investigating this issue. Once we have a solution, we'll update you asap. Thank you!

Technical Support

Like us on Facebook
Follow us on Twitter
Visit our blog Blog