Xshell Forum

Xshell console 2.0 build 1502 Crash - high number of xsh files in directory

Last post: Wednesday, April 25, 2007 11:02 AM by Support, 3 reply

Tuesday, April 24, 2007 4:39 AM - Fabien Degouet

Xshell console 2.0 build 1502 Crash - high number of xsh files in directory

Hi,
I run Windows XP SP2
I manage a lot of devices and I created xsh files in root directory used to store those scripts (around 1500). Anyway when I try to open through xshell the scripts I get a crash and the xshell stops.

I tried reducing the number of files and it works fines.

I get a popup with:
Secure Teminal Emulation Software has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience.

And then:
The instruction at "..." referenced memory at "0x...". The memory could not be "read". Click on OK to terminate the program.

I think an overflow occurs.
How many scripts can be handled by xshell without crashing??

Please help me as I need all those scripts to work.

Thanks

fabien
Tuesday, April 24, 2007 4:38 PM - Support

Re: Xshell console 2.0 build 1502 Crash - high number of xsh files in directory

Thank you for using Xshell.

In Xshell 2.0, the maximum number of session files that can be created is currently limited to 1,184.

If you give us more detailed information about your situation including your scripts used in Xshell, we will try to provide you a solution fulfilling your needs.

We sincerely appreciate your cooperation.

---
Technical Support
Wednesday, April 25, 2007 1:05 AM - Fabien

Re: Re: Xshell console 2.0 build 1502 Crash - high number of xsh files in directory

Hi,

Thanks for your quick answer.

I use more than 1184 scripts in the folder. Please let me know if there is a way to change this value?

Thanks a lot

fabien
Wednesday, April 25, 2007 11:02 AM - Support

Re: Re: Re: Xshell console 2.0 build 1502 Crash - high number of xsh files in directory

The crash problem is critical to us and will be fixed soon. And if you suggest the maximum number of Xshell session files for your work, we will increase its limit accordingly.

Again, thank you for your coorperation.

---
Technical Support