Xshell Forum

multi-line tabs

Last post: Monday, July 21, 2014 5:33 PM by Joe, 7 reply

Thursday, July 17, 2014 10:50 PM - joe

multi-line tabs

Hello,

Before you release Xshell 5 can you add a option to display multi-line tabs as most of my day I have 15 tabs opened over few windows. This was discussed back in May 2012 and again in April 2013. It seems like alot of users will find this helpful (Reference listed below).

It also will be helpful if Xftp and Xshell are made into one program as most people will be using them together anyway.

Thanks,

Program Ver. : Xshell 5
Thursday, July 17, 2014 10:54 PM - joe

Re: multi-line tabs

Sunday, July 20, 2014 7:20 PM - Support

I can't promise you on the exact date but I have requested this feature again. Many users open 10s of tabs and it can be quite difficult to navigate between tabs. I think your requested feature can useful for these users.

We are focusing on releasing the version 5 so this feature will be added after the official release of version 5.

Case # for this 1399.

---
Technical Support
Sunday, July 20, 2014 8:52 PM - Joe

Hello,

Thanks for that, also will Xshell and Xftp be made into one program or at least a option to open Xftp in the same window?

Another feature you could add is a new side tab for a list of VM/servers you got running so for example if i got 300 VMs i can see which ones are running and which ones i could run.

Maybe we should have a poll on which features could be added to future releases.

Thanks,
Joe
Sunday, July 20, 2014 11:49 PM - Support

Thank you for your comment.

Thanks for that, also will Xshell and Xftp be made into one program or at least a option to open Xftp in the same window?

>> This is something we got requests a few times but it is a delicate issue.

Another feature you could add is a new side tab for a list of VM/servers you got running so for example if i got 300 VMs i can see which ones are running and which ones i could run.

>> Are you saying you want to list all the VMs running on your local machine and see which on is running? Is there any other software that does this? We would love to them in action

---
Technical Support
Monday, July 21, 2014 1:47 AM - Joe

Hello,

">> Are you saying you want to list all the VMs running on your local machine and see which on is running? Is there any other software that does this? We would love to it them in action" Would be something like the pic attached.

Thanks,
Joe
Monday, July 21, 2014 3:09 AM - Support

Joe,

The session manager on the left side does not check for the server status in real time. I thought you want to check the status of VMs in real time. Do you know any application that does this?

Technical Support

Hello,

">> Are you saying you want to list all the VMs running on your local machine and see which on is running? Is there any other software that does this? We would love to it them in action" Would be something like the pic attached.

Thanks,
Joe
Monday, July 21, 2014 5:33 PM - Joe

Hello.

I was mostly talking about the session manager in the side window but status of VM/servers would be helpful but there are tons of other tools that can ping to see if a host is up or down so Xshell would have to provide more then ping info.

" I thought you want to check the status of VMs in real time. Do you know any application that does this?" No not ssh clients.

I'll start a new forum thread later on about brainstorming for new features.

Thanks,
Joe