Xshell Forum

Any way to copy the command line in one keystroke

Last post: Tuesday, June 25, 2013 11:24 PM by Support, 3 reply

Thursday, May 16, 2013 6:07 AM - rvsw

Any way to copy the command line in one keystroke

I am an avid use of Xshell. Recently I have had to work a lot from the command line. More than 50% of the time I have to cut and paste the commands from the Xshell window to clipboard/notepad and back. I am doing ssh into a linux machine and linux commands like history etc don't help because I have had to make changes in the middle of the command every time I cut and paste.

Xshell provides shift+insert, ctrl+insert for cutting and pasting but I wonder if there is a way to use a script/hotkey in xshell to automatically cut and paste the last command in one keystroke instead of first selecting it. It can be a combination of xshell running a script on linux machine too but I have yet to figure out a way. Any inputs will be useful.

Program Ver. : Xshell 4
Monday, May 20, 2013 5:57 AM - Support

Re: Any way to copy the command line in one keystroke

This feature is not available but it sounds like a very interesting feature. I have requested the feature for a review.

---
Technical Support
Tuesday, June 25, 2013 11:06 PM - Mario

I miss that feature as well - PuTTy has it and I uses it a lot. On my MacBook with Bootcamp Windows the missing INSERT key reduces the value of XShell drastically...
Tuesday, June 25, 2013 11:24 PM - Support

Thank you for your feedback. If Putty has this feature already, we can expedite this process. I will look into this feature and escalate its priority.

---
Technical Support