Xshell Forum

"Quit application when all connections are closed" bug

Last post: Tuesday, December 6, 2011 11:40 AM by j, 6 reply

Saturday, October 22, 2011 4:44 PM - plat0nic

"Quit application when all connections are closed" bug

With "Quit application when all connections are closed" *unchecked*, Xshell will still exit when the last session ends.

Xshell 4 build 0096

Program Ver. : Xshell 4
Sunday, October 23, 2011 8:22 AM - Support

Re: "Quit application when all connections are closed" bug

With the "Quit application when all connections are closed" option selected, Xshell goes to the local shell prompt if connection on the last tab is closed. I have tested this option and it is working properly.

How do you end the last session?

---
Technical Support
Saturday, December 3, 2011 11:09 PM - j

"Quit application when all connections are closed"

If i close all the tabs using their individual X buttons, the program exits. I do not have the confirm on disconnect enabled.

If I end my sessions properly it doesn't exit. In SCRT for example, if I X all the tabs it just sits with no tabs.
Monday, December 5, 2011 12:46 AM - Support

Closing the last session with the x button on tab is samething as closing the application. This is the default behavior for popular Windows applications that support tabbed environment. For example, Internet Explorer and Google Chrome work the same way.

Disconnecting from the remote server is not samething as closing the tab. When you disconnect from the remote server, Xshell goes to local shell envrionment. This feature is not available in SecureCRT. Type exit on local shell prompt, and it will close the tab.

---
Technical Support
Monday, December 5, 2011 1:30 PM - j

Internet explorer/scrt will not show you a X on the tab if there is only one tab (not like how I originally said).
Monday, December 5, 2011 6:03 PM - Support

Internet Explorer 9 shows the x button on the last remaining tab and so does Google Chrome. This gives user one more option to close the application. We try to keep improving Xshell but this seems like a matter of preference.

Your feedback will be greatly appreciated.

---
Technical Support
Tuesday, December 6, 2011 11:40 AM - j

Yea im stuck with IE 8....