Xshell Forum

how can i use ALT+[NUM] to xshell for switching tab session and ALT+[Char] to remote session as a meta-key

Last post: Wednesday, November 16, 2011 6:09 PM by Support, 3 reply

Thursday, September 15, 2011 11:19 AM - darrenhp

how can i use ALT+[NUM] to xshell for switching tab session and ALT+[Char] to remote session as a meta-key

Program Ver. : Xshell 4
Sunday, September 18, 2011 10:59 PM - Support

Re: how can i use ALT+[NUM] to xshell for switching tab session and ALT+[Char] to remote session as a meta-key

For now, you can't use these two in combination. To use the Alt key as meta key, use the 'Use Alt as Meta key' option. You can find this option under the Terminal > Keyboard section in the session properties. However, once this option is enabled, you cannot change between tabs using Alt+[Num] combination.

We will consider adding a such feature in the future.

---
Technical Support
Wednesday, November 16, 2011 9:13 AM - darrenhp

Re: how can i use ALT+[NUM] to xshell for switching tab session and ALT+[Char] to remote session as a meta-key

In http://www.netsarang.com/products/xsh_update.html

ADD: New option to prevent opening the menu bar with the Alt key

But,I can‘t find the option
Wednesday, November 16, 2011 6:09 PM - Support

This option is available in the Advanced tab of Tools > Options dialog box.

However, this option is for enabling/disabling the use of the Alt key to open the standard toolbar. It will not allow you to use Alt-[NUM] and send Alt-[char] combination simulatenously.

---
Technical Support