Xmanager Forum

XDMCP works at Win 7 32bit but not in 64-bit

Last post: Tuesday, June 21, 2011 6:50 PM by Support, 3 reply

Monday, June 20, 2011 10:58 AM - sigit

XDMCP works at Win 7 32bit but not in 64-bit

hi,
I found following problem:
I have a PC with Win 7 32 bit. I installed Xmanager 4. Using this PC I can connect to a host server using XDMCP.
My another PC uses Win 7 64-bit, I installed Xmanager 4 too, but when I used XDMCP it said "XDMCP connection failed". However, I can connect to the host using Xstart. What could the problem be in my Win 7 64-bit?

sigit

Program Ver. : Xmanager 4
Connect Method : XDMCP connection
Tuesday, June 21, 2011 1:17 AM - Support

Re: XDMCP works at Win 7 32bit but not in 64-bit

Xmanager is compatible with both Windows 7 x32 and x64.

If you can start X applications with Xstart but XDMCP connection fails, we can think of the following situations:

1. Remote host is blocking UDP port 177. If so, on Linux firewall, allow UDP port 177.
2. XDMCP is not enabled on the remote host (if you are trying to access a different server on Windows 7 x64). If so, follow the instruction in the following page and enable XDMCP:
http://www.netsarang.com/faq/xmanager/list/21
3. TCP port 6000 is blocked on Windows. On Windows firewall settings (under Control Panel) add Xmanager.exe to Inbound Rules.

If the problem persists, please send us the following information:

1. Are you accessin gthe same Linux machines from both Windows 7 x32 and x64?
2. Xmanager log file. Wait until connection fails and then click No to reconnect. And then, right click on the Xmanager title bar and select Log > File.

---
Technical Support
Tuesday, June 21, 2011 10:09 AM - sigit

thanks for the advice. the problem is indeed on the windows firewall setting. I already enabled it and now it works like the PC with win 7 32-bit.

sigit
Tuesday, June 21, 2011 6:50 PM - Support

I am glad to hear that the solution worked!

---
Technical Support