Xmanager Forum

Keeping existing session alive after closing xbrowser and reconnecting later on

Last post: Tuesday, January 12, 2016 3:01 AM by Support, 7 reply

Friday, October 2, 2009 10:23 AM - Mohan

Keeping existing session alive after closing xbrowser and reconnecting later on

I am using XBrowser to connect a linux server from an XP machine. Sometimes I would like to keep the session open for a long period of time (may be a couple of days). During this period if I close the xbrowser window on xp, I lose the connection and if I reconnect after, a new session is created on linux server and I lose all windows that were opened in the previous session. For instance I am opening Eclipse on linux server and keeping it open as long as the session is on. In case of a power lose or something or if I restart my xp machine I would like to be able to connect to the previous xbrowser session and continue using my previous screen and windows. Is this possible with xbrowser?

Actually vncviewer supports this and I am looking for a similar thing. As long as the linux server is on you can view previously opened session and continue working on it. But I dont want to use vncviewer.
Any help is greatly appreciated.
Thanks.

Program Ver. : Xmanager 3.0
Connection Method : XDMCP connection
Tuesday, October 6, 2009 10:02 PM - Support

Re: Keeping existing session alive after closing xbrowser and reconnecting later on

Due to how X Window system is designed, Xmanager does not support pause&resume feature. However, we acknowledge that there are high demands for this feature and planning on developing a new product that have such feature.

I will keep you posted through this forum and news page. We appreciate your patience.

---
Technical Support
Sunday, April 1, 2012 4:50 AM - Umair

Re: Keeping existing session alive after closing xbrowser and reconnecting later on

Any progress in the development? I have also come in the same situation.
Monday, April 2, 2012 6:11 PM - Support

This feature is under development for our next major release.

---
Technical Support
Wednesday, January 2, 2013 12:03 PM - Anthony

Has this feature been included in 4.0?
Wednesday, January 2, 2013 2:50 PM - Paul

The above guy said this feature is being implemented on the next major release.
Sunday, January 10, 2016 8:00 AM - Abdalla

is it implemented ? if yes how can i use it ?
Tuesday, January 12, 2016 3:01 AM - Support

This feature is currently unavailable. A new program is required. We are actively working on this, but additional time is required until its release.

Technical Support

Like us on Facebook
Follow us on Twitter
Visit our blog Blog