Xmanager Forum

how can i send "ctrl + space" to remote machine?

Last post: Tuesday, April 15, 2003 5:41 AM by szgz, 2 reply

Saturday, April 5, 2003 3:15 AM - szgz

how can i send "ctrl + space" to remote machine?

I want change "input language" of remote machine, because i'm a chinese.

when i type "ctrl+space" combination key, i want remot machine can get it, but local machine get it.

How can i do?

Thank u!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Re: How can I enter Simplified Chinese Characters on AIX Support 11/14/2002 13:54:46 32

The Ctrl+Space combination doesn't require a special configuration of Xmanager. It seems that the input server requires some Chinese fonts to display the drop down list. Please try to install Chinese fonts below:

http://download.conux.com/files/fonts/zhtwbig5.exe
http://download.conux.com/files/fonts/zh_cn.exe

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Re: Re: How can I enter Simplified Chinese Characters on AIX szgz 04/05/2003 02:39:28 0

i have same problem, but i have installed zh.exe.

my opration is win2k adv server english version. i want send Ctrl+Space to solaris8 x86 and AIX, both of them were failed.

thank u!
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Tuesday, April 8, 2003 5:12 PM - Support

Re: how can i send "ctrl + space" to remote machine?

You can solve the problem by chaning locale conversion key sequence in Windows or in Unix.

In Windows 2000, right-click the IME icon in system tray. You can change the key sequence there.

In Unix, there is an input server configuration tool in the task bar. For Solaris, there is an Htt program on the desktop background which can be used to configure the key sequence.

Hope to solve the problem.

----
Technical Support
Tuesday, April 15, 2003 5:41 AM - szgz

Thank u very much!

Thank u very much!