Xmanager Forum

SZ & RZ FILE IN XMANAGER - LIKE IN TUN EMUL

Last post: Wednesday, August 29, 2007 6:14 PM by Andrew C., 4 reply

Tuesday, August 28, 2007 5:16 PM - ZELJKO

SZ & RZ FILE IN XMANAGER - LIKE IN TUN EMUL

HY!

could anybody help me with sending and receiving file with xmanager. I need a command for send and receive like it is managed in TUN EMUL. for example if a need to send file from linux to windows PC a need to write sz FILE.TXT or from windows to linux rz and then to browse file I want to receive.

thx
Tuesday, August 28, 2007 6:36 PM - Support

Re: SZ & RZ FILE IN XMANAGER - LIKE IN TUN EMUL

Xmanager is an X server simply displays remote Unix/Linux applications and transfering files between your PC and remote host through X Window System Protocol is not possible. The SZ & RZ feature is related to termincal emulators. Please try to use our terminal emulator - Xshell including the SZ & RZ feature instead. Also, our Sftp/FTP client - Xftp is available for the file transfer between your PC and the remote host.

Thank you for using our product.

---
Technical Support
Wednesday, August 29, 2007 4:42 PM - ZELJKO

Re: Re: SZ & RZ FILE IN XMANAGER - LIKE IN TUN EMUL

THX for answer but if I us xftp it opens graphical window and I don't need that. I need just sz FILE.txt TO TYPE and the command will execute. i need as simple as it could be for client. do you understand me?
Wednesday, August 29, 2007 4:56 PM - ZELJKO

Re: Re: SZ & RZ FILE IN XMANAGER - LIKE IN TUN EMUL

IS IT POSSIBLE IN XMANAGER WRITE IN COMMAND LINE SZ OR RZ FILE.TXT AND TO TRANSFER IT FROM OR TO WINDOWS PC?
Wednesday, August 29, 2007 6:14 PM - Andrew C.

Re: Re: Re: SZ & RZ FILE IN XMANAGER - LIKE IN TUN EMUL

You can't use sz/rz command in Xmanager (or any other X server). In order to use sz/rz, you must use Windows terminal emulators such as Xshell.

When you run xterm/dtterm/gnome-terminal in an X server, you are not connecting to a remote server, and this is why rz/sz commands do not work with Xmanager.

Just remember that Xmanager is an X server (X Display server), not a terminal emulator.