Xmanager Forum

How configuration remote host for Red Hat Enterprise Linux 5?

Last post: Wednesday, May 12, 2010 11:55 PM by Anthony, 7 reply

Friday, April 20, 2007 8:00 AM - Henry Huang

Hi

Pls Help!

Thanks !

Henry Huang
Friday, April 20, 2007 8:19 AM - VK

Re: How configuration remote host for Red Hat Enterprise Linux 5?

Have you been here?

/products/xmg_faq.html#a-1

I personally haven't tried that distro yet, but assume the configuration would be same or pretty similar.

Good luck.

-VK
Friday, April 20, 2007 10:13 AM - Henry Huang

Re: Re: How configuration remote host for Red Hat Enterprise Linux 5?

The configuration was invalidation in the RedHat5, In RedHat5 have not folder or file like /etc/X11/xdm/Xaccess,/etc/kde/kdm/kdmrc or /etc/X11/xdm/xdm-config.

I was tryed configure /usr/share/kdm/kdmrc,/usr/share/kdm/Xaccess, but it still invalidation.

Pls help! thanks!

Friday, April 20, 2007 12:04 PM - Support

Re: Re: Re: How configuration remote host for Red Hat Enterprise Linux 5?

Thank you for using Xmanager.

Your problem has been reported to our lab and will be tested soon. Meanwhile, please try the followings to solve your problem:

1. Check if necessary packages for running X Window System are installed on your server. If X environment such as Gnome or KDE cannot be started up from its console, you need to install XFree86 RPM packages first.

2. Follow the step-by-step guide (Step.3) available at our download site below. Especially, make sure to configure your network environment including firewalls between your server and PC as described in the guide.

/download/down_xme2.html

3. Try using GDM. We have confirmed that the locations for GDM configuration files are similar to previous RHEL versions from its manual available at the official Red Hat site below:

http://www.redhat.com/docs/manuals/enterprise/RHEL-5-manual/Installation_Guide-en-US/index.html

Hope this helps.

---
Technical Support
Sunday, April 22, 2007 1:21 AM - Henry Huang

Re: Re: Re: Re: How configuration remote host for Red Hat Enterprise Linux 5?

Hi

Thanks! I was succeed! It is easy.

1.In X windowns execute "system"-"administration"-"login screen".

2. On the remote panel choose "same as local".
if you want root user login system then go to the security panel choose "allow remote system administrator login"

3.restart system. done!

Hope this helps

Monday, April 23, 2007 11:20 AM - Support

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: How configuration remote host for Red Hat Enterprise Linux 5?

Thank you for sharing your solution with us.

We will soon add the configuration information for Red Hat Enterprise Linux 5 into our FAQ page.

---
Technical Support
Wednesday, May 12, 2010 12:36 AM - Kosala

Hi All,

Running gdmsetup in RHEL 5 and setting remote "same as local" is working for LAN.

Trough Firewall although i have opened the UDP 177 and TCP 6000-6010 to both ways it is not working.

I need to give Xmanager acess to my DMZ zone servers to lan.

Please, can any one help on this. any one tested on this.

RHEL 4 is working fine with above firewall config.

Thanks & Regards
Kosala
Wednesday, May 12, 2010 11:55 PM - Anthony

There are few more things you need to do to enable XDMCP. Read the following page:

http://www.idevelopment.info/data/Unix/Linux/LINUX_ConfiguringXDMCPRedHatLinux.shtml

For firewall, UDP 177 port should be open on the remote host and TCP 6000 ~ 6010 should be open on PC.