Xmanager Forum

Xbrowser is not allow the normal login the Unix Server ?

Last post: Thursday, September 28, 2006 5:36 PM by hdj, 3 reply

Wednesday, August 30, 2006 8:56 AM - Henry

Xbrowser is not allow the normal login the Unix Server ?

Hi,when I login the Unix Server(Solaris 9) by then Xbrowser , when I use root account login to the Unix Server anything is normal and good ,but when I use the normal login the Unix Server such as appltest... but the Login screen can be displayed and allow me to input the user and password , and then it can not show the desktop screen, just like the system halt status ... who can told me how to solve this problem and where I can start to check the problem ? TKS.
Attachment 1.JPG (20.5 KB)  
Wednesday, August 30, 2006 1:51 PM - Duff

Re: Xbrowser is not allow the normal login the Unix Server ?

Try Xmanager FAQ # 24.

/products/xmg_faq.html#p24

Also, try creating a new user account. This problem maybe isolated to specific user accounts.

-Duff
Thursday, September 28, 2006 2:51 PM - Henry

Re: Re: Xbrowser is not allow the normal login the Unix Server ?

Could you told me where I can find out the setting to isolated to not allow the specific user go login ? Because I according your comment to creat another user in the system ,at the begining the newer create user can be login to the system by XBrowser , but and newly
I found the system is not allow the user login that I create ... Becaus I had done more job use this account account ,so I do not hope to create another new one , Tks !
Thursday, September 28, 2006 5:36 PM - hdj

Re: Re: Re: Xbrowser is not allow the normal login the Unix Server ?

As far as I know, in CDE or dtlogin configurations there is no answer about this.
So I edited the Xsession script in /usr/dt/bin/ to limit user login.
In the starting part of the file, Put below scripts. Then the user root, henry can only be allowed to login with CDE environment.

PERMIT_USERS="root henry"
PERMIT_LOGIN=""
for VAL in $PERMIT_USERS
do
if [ "$VAL" = "$USER" ]; then
PERMIT_LOGIN="true"
break
fi
done

if [ -z $PERMIT_LOGIN ]; then
exit
fi

Solaris engineer may offer you better answers. So it might be a good idea to contact Sun supports.

Anyway, is this what you want?

bye.