Xmanager Forum

xmanager 2.0 not ending Citrix sessions

Last post: Wednesday, August 30, 2006 1:44 PM by Duff, 3 reply

Tuesday, August 29, 2006 10:00 PM - Clive Brooks

xmanager 2.0 not ending Citrix sessions

Running an application that uses xmanager within an citrix xp server environment and on a windows terminal 2003 server. The application is excuted with by the ica client but when closed the session remains open as does xmanager 2.0 process.

Is there a way the close the process automatically maybe in the registry.
Tuesday, August 29, 2006 11:02 PM - NightSlayer

Re: xmanager 2.0 not ending Citrix sessions

If you are using Xstart with Telnet, here is a solution provided by NetSarang.

---
Telnet process can be terminated by using the Time-out feature. To use this feature, follow the procedure below:

1. Open Xstart.
2. Select a session that is causing the problem.
3. Make sure TELNET is selected in Protocol.
4. Click Setup.
Result: Telnet Protocol Setup dialog box opens up.
5. Set Time-out value to 15.

This will terminate the Telnet process 15 seconds after the connection is closed.

---

Otherwise, tell me how I can duplicate your problem (include the connection method, name of the x application and as much information as possible). Maybe I can help you out with this problem.
Tuesday, August 29, 2006 11:46 PM - Clive Brooks

Re: Re: xmanager 2.0 not ending Citrix sessions

Thanks for replying

I am using xmanager through a citrix xp on a windows 2003 terminal server. I've created a ica client through citrix that opens the application, but when i close the application and i have a look my client xmanager is still running and hence does not clear itself from the windows 2003 terminal server session
Wednesday, August 30, 2006 1:44 PM - Duff

Re: Re: Re: xmanager 2.0 not ending Citrix sessions

In Xconfig profile, select the Terminate at reset option. You have to change the Window mode to Single or Multiple in order to enable this option.

voil¿

-Duff