Xmanager Forum

Solaris 10 - after a flash installation xsession is disabled

Last post: Friday, June 2, 2006 10:28 AM by Support, 3 reply

Thursday, June 1, 2006 5:18 PM - mf_

Solaris 10 - after a flash installation xsession is disabled

Hello, When I perform a flash installation of Solaris 10 SPARC, xsession is unavailable. I have to un-configure system using by "sys-unconfig" and configure again. After this, connection is alived. Is there any config file where to save needed information and build-in to a flar archive? Thanks.
Thursday, June 1, 2006 6:38 PM - Andrew Jackson

Re: Solaris 10 - after a flash installation xsession is disabled

Go to the link below and follow the instruction on Step 3.

/download/down_xmg2.html

Actually I don't know if I answered your question correctly. Could you please explain how I can duplicate this problem? and what do you mean by Xsession is disable?
Thursday, June 1, 2006 11:40 PM - mf_

Re: Re: Solaris 10 - after a flash installation xsession is disabled

Thanks Andrew, but this is another stuff.

I have Solaris10 Sparc installed on SunFireV210. I have also XManager with configured session for this server. Connection is fine and I can work remotely with Sun server through XDMCP protocol.
I've created flar archive and I've replaced the current installation of Solaris with the clean archived flar (flash method). When the re-installation was compleded, connection through the XDMCP protocol was disabled - I had to reconfigure the system (sys-unconfig) to restore the connection.
Friday, June 2, 2006 10:28 AM - Support

Re: Re: Re: Solaris 10 - after a flash installation xsession is disabled

Let's clarify the definition of Flash Install first, so we stand on the same ground. I understand Flash install is to archive a master machine and duplicate it to others. In this stance, I think you should enable XDMCP in the master PC first, before you make the flar archive.

To enable XDMCP on Solaris, follow the step 3 in the following link:

/download/down_xmg2.html

For more information, please contact Solaris technical support.

Hope this helps.

---
Technical Support