Xmanager Forum

how to take entire desktop remote including the terminal opened with running application

Last post: Tuesday, March 21, 2006 2:43 PM by Support, 3 reply

Sunday, March 19, 2006 10:45 PM - hemanth

how to take entire desktop remote including the terminal opened with running application

I have configured gnome desktop remote in redhat 9 linux i was able to access everything but is it possible to view the terminal already opened running application while i connecting to xmanager in windows
Monday, March 20, 2006 3:19 PM - Support

Re: how to take entire desktop remote including the terminal opened with running application

To launch an xterm (or gnome-terminal) window when you log in, follow the instruction below in Red Hat:

1. In Gnome Desktop, click Menu > Preferences > More Preferences > Sessions.
RESULT: Sessions dialog box opens up.
2. Click the Startup Programs tab.
3. Click Add.
RESULT: Add Startup Program dialog box opens up.
4. In Startup Command, enter the command such as 'xterm &' (or 'gnome-terminal'), and then click OK.

This will launch xterm (or gnome-terminal) when you log in.

If your problem persists, please explain your problem in more detail.

---
Technical Support
Monday, March 20, 2006 8:37 PM - Hemanth

Re: Re: how to take entire desktop remote including the terminal opened with running application

I have two problems

I have redhat linux 9 with gnome configured.I was able to connect remote linux and i can view and access everything
problem is, in that linux system already 8 applications are running with the 8 terminal opened
If I take remote only the desktop icons are coming i was not able to see the 8 terminal with the running
application already opened there

2.Working with remote linux if i start any application through terminal while closing the xmanager window the application also gets closing
is there any solution.
Tuesday, March 21, 2006 2:43 PM - Support

Re: Re: Re: how to take entire desktop remote including the terminal opened with running application

answer can be found at:
/bbs/detail.html?id=xmanager&num=2424