Last post: Wednesday, November 6, 2002 5:20 PM by Support, 1 reply
Wednesday, November 6, 2002 9:02 AM - xoyo
connect to aix failed
how connect to AIX? when i finshed the seting and connect to aix ,it always show me "XDMCP connection failed,try again".how config aix?
Wednesday, November 6, 2002 5:20 PM - Support
Re: connect to aix failed
There's several reasons of the problem.
First, your AIX machine may not be ready to accept XDMCP connection(dtlogin is not running, or malfunctioning).
Second, your PC may not be able to reach at AIX machine through network (AIX machine is shut down, firewall, DNS problem, and so forth).
We suggest that you try to run "dtconfig -e" command as a root and reboot AIX machine. If this does not solve the problem, please try the following actions.
1. Run Xstart program in the Xmanager folder.
2. In the Command box, enter "/usr/dt/bin/dtterm -display $DISPLAY".
3. Check the "Show remote execution result" option.
4. Click Run button to connect to AIX machine.
If a dtterm program shows up successfully, you can run other X applications at the dtterm prompt.
If the problem persists, let us know about:
- The version of AIX
- Your network environments(firewall, private IP, different network segment, and so forth)
- Xmanager version