Xmanager Forum

Xmanager REXEC display doesn't work under SUN Solaris 2.6

Last post: Wednesday, October 23, 2002 1:05 PM , 2 reply

Tuesday, October 22, 2002 5:54 PM

Xmanager REXEC display doesn't work under SUN Solaris 2.6

I tried to connect my SUN Solaris Server 2.6 with Xmanager REXEC command. From the help or from web support, I got the command like:
"/usr/openwin/bin/xterm -ls -display $DISPLAY", I tried it, but found that the display environment parameter didn't set to my IP address, it set to server's IP instead. But I also tried to connect my another SUN Solaris 8 with the same condition, it works. I thought it's because SUN Solaris's OS problem. But after a while, I tried to use Exceed to connect to that 2 PC, both of them work fine with my correct IP address. I think maybe it's a bug or others of Xmanager, could you please give me a better solution? Thanks a lot!
Tuesday, October 22, 2002 11:19 PM - Support

Re: Xmanager REXEC display doesn't work under SUN Solaris 2.6

It seems that the shell script in your $HOME directory redefines the $DISPLAY variable. Please try to remove "-ls" option in the xterm command as following:

/usr/openwin/bin/xterm -display $DISPLAY

The "-ls" option processes ".login" or ".profile" script.

We would appreciate your feedback.

----
Technical Support
Wednesday, October 23, 2002 1:05 PM

Re: Re: Xmanager REXEC display doesn't work under SUN Solaris 2.6

Thank you very much for your great help! I changed my logon profile, the problem solved. I really appreciate your great help! Your product is really a excellent one in the market, cheaper than Hummingbird Exceed, more functional than X-Win32!