Xmanager Forum

Can't Copy and Paste: video mode or LAN type?

Last post: Wednesday, September 21, 2005 1:34 PM by Support, 4 reply

Wednesday, August 3, 2005 4:26 AM - Bill Smith

Can't Copy and Paste: video mode or LAN type?

Xmanager 2.0 (build 0203)

I have a standard XManager session I run all the time on my laptop computer. At work, pasting into an xterm works just fine. At home, it only works if the xterm GUI has an "Edit" menu to do it manually.

While using my laptop at work, I have external video, mouse and keyboard; the network connection is direct ethernet, and the video mode is 1600 x 1200.

At home, I'm using wireless LAN with VPN to get to the same server at work, using the built-in video (1400 x 1050), keyboard, and trackpoint (mouse).

These seem to be the ONLY differences... any idea why the paste portion doesn't work at home?

Thank you for any help!
Bill Smith
Wednesday, August 3, 2005 9:30 PM - Support

Re: Can't Copy and Paste: video mode or LAN type?

In a 3 button mouse, pressing middle button pastes the clipboard contents. If in a 2 button mouse, pressing right and left buttons simultaneously simulates the middle button of 3 button mouse.

Please check if your trackpoint mouse is 2 or 3 button mouse.

----
Technical Support
Thursday, August 4, 2005 7:27 AM - Bill Smith

Re: Re: Can't Copy and Paste: video mode or LAN type?

Thank you for the response... the trackpoint mouse has three buttons below it. I'll try the left/right button combo next chance I get.
Tuesday, September 20, 2005 10:25 PM - William Smith

Re: Re: Re: Can't Copy and Paste: video mode or LAN type?

Ok, I was able to use the right and left mouse buttons simultaneously, but it doesn't work all the time. Maybe it's tied to the system into which I'm connected, but let's consider this issue closed.

Thank you for your help!

Regards,
Bill Smith
Wednesday, September 21, 2005 1:34 PM - Support

Re: Re: Re: Re: Can't Copy and Paste: video mode or LAN type?

Thank you for your feedback.

Please let us know if we can be of further assistance.