Xmanager Forum

Local and Remote both under NAT,How can I make it?

Last post: Tuesday, July 26, 2005 2:38 PM by Support, 3 reply

Tuesday, July 26, 2005 1:02 AM - Beancurd

Local and Remote both under NAT,How can I make it?

My local maching,WinXp,runs Xmanager,is behind NAT,I can manage port mapping ; the Remote PC,runs
mandrakelinux,benhind a RH7.3 NAT gateway,static IP. I map the port 7100,177,6000 to the remote(MDK),and I also set my local machine(WinXP) in DMZ,but it can not get to work.Why? I stopped the firewall on the remote gateway(RH7),but I still can't connect to remote. other port to open?
Tuesday, July 26, 2005 1:28 PM - Support

Re: Local and Remote both under NAT,How can I make it?

Since Xmanager is a server program, the remote server must be able to make a connection back to your PC. So, TCP 6000~6010 ports are supposed to be open toward PC direction. Please make sure that gateway and the firewall installed on your PC are not blocking these ports.

If your problem persists, please send us following information:

1. Xmanager log file. It is located in the following directory:
C:\Documents and Settings\%USER%\Application Data\NetSarang\Xmanager\2\Log\*.log
2. Connection method using Xstart (SSH, Telnet, Rlogin.)

Please let us know if we can be of further assistance.
Tuesday, July 26, 2005 2:15 PM - Beancurd

Re: Re: Local and Remote both under NAT,How can I make it?

Thank you for your reply,I'll try it out. Can it be map to some fixed port in the next verson? It's unconvinece to control 10 ports and I think it's unnessary.Thank you for your answer. Any question I'll ask you again.
Tuesday, July 26, 2005 2:38 PM - Support

Re: Re: Re: Local and Remote both under NAT,How can I make it?

Xmanager makes an XDMCP connection starting from TCP 6000 port and every new connection after that is assigned to a port number increased by one. This is a standard of all X Window systems.

For your information, TCP 6000~6063 are dedicated for X Window System in the standard of IANA (Interent Assigned Number Authority).

Please let us know if you have any question.