Last post: Wednesday, January 26, 2005 2:32 AM by Support, 1 reply
Tuesday, January 25, 2005 6:31 AM - Chris
The XManager 2.0 works with other unix/linux machines except my RH 7.2 gnome machine.I have followed the steps to configure the RH 7.2 both gdm.conf and ipchains files. However, there's still no icon showed in the Xbrower window.
This problem can be caused by the following reasons:
1. Firewall is not restarted
2. gdm (kdm, xdm) process is not running
3. Name server has an invalid name-to-ip or ip-to-name entry for your PC
Please try the followings to solve this problem.
1. Restart your firewall by typing the following command:
# /etc/rc.d/init.d/ipchains restart
2. Please check if the gdm (kdm, xdm) process is running on the Linux.
# ps -ax | grep dm
If the gdm is not running, please refer to Xmanager FAQ # 2, step 1,
for more information on changing initial runlevel.
3. Enter your PC¿s IP address to /etc/hosts