host, can someone tell me what's happended and
how to crack it, so I can access it directly
through broadcast chooser!

thanks in advance!

whatluo
Mar,15,04
Monday, March 15, 2004 10:03 PM - David

Re: Can Not Found my solaris host in broadcast chooser

Check if the "dtlogin" process is running on your solaris box. If not, run "dtconfig -e" and reboot.

David
Monday, March 15, 2004 10:20 PM - whatluo

Re: Re: Can Not Found my solaris host in broadcast chooser

thanks for your response,after I try run dtlogin -e
and I can not see my host either, and since this host is our critical server I can not reboot this
box!

any hints are welcome!
thanks in advance!

whatluo
Mar,15,04
Tuesday, March 16, 2004 9:26 AM - H.Ronald Yang

Re: Can Not Found my solaris host in broadcast chooser

Hi Whatluo,

Since you said that "now I can only access this server via another host", I believe that you cannot connect to your Solaris server from your PC using the bradcast chooser, but no problem for different PCs. (Right?)

If this is the case, I believe the dt-login process on the Solaris is working fine.

I suspect that there might be some network problem. You might want to check if your PC is having no problem connecting to network. Also, there might be a firewall setup between your PC and the Solaris. So, please check this issue on both computers. For using broadcast chooser (XDMCP), UDP 177 should be opened on the Solaris side.

If your case is different than my assumption above and my suggetion does not work accordingly, you can tell how it is different.

If nothing has been changed on your PC and the Solaris and suddenly Xmanager cannot find the Solaris using XDMCP, I believe that 99% of the problem is related to network including firewall setup.

Ron