Xmanager Forum

Importing DECW fonts

Last post: Tuesday, January 27, 2004 11:38 PM by Support, 3 reply

Tuesday, January 20, 2004 9:29 PM - Soterro

Importing DECW fonts

Hello,

I copied the xxxx.DECW$FONT fonts necessary for using the VMS VAX connection. They do not have a FONTS.DIR file, of course.
So I went into that directory and run mkfntdir, which did nothing, didn't complain or anything, just did nothing. How do I actually import those fonts for use into Xmanager?

S
Tuesday, January 20, 2004 11:20 PM - Support

Re: Importing DECW fonts

You should run Mkfntdir.exe as following:

C:\>Program Files\Xmanager1.3.9> mkfntdir fonts\decw

Please confirm that the DEC fonts are ".pcf" files.
If you couldn't make it, download the DEC font pack at:

http://download.xmanager.com/files/fonts/dec.exe

Download it and run on your Windows.

Hope this can help you.

----
Technical Support
Wednesday, January 21, 2004 1:46 AM - Soterro

Re: Re: Importing DECW fonts

Hello,

Thank you, that font pack installed some PCZ fonts and now the Xmanager log doesn't show any complaint (substitution) anymore.
However, those fonts are NOT the ones I can see on the VMS machine: other faces, other sizes, etc. I'm no better than before when substitutions were used. The applications are still looking odd.

If I want to use the fonts I downloaded from the VMS machine, what should I do? They are xxxx.DECW$FONT files, as I already pointed. I know nothing about fonts so I can't say which particular type they are, but they come from SYSFONT directory and are 75 and 100dpi, like: TERMINAL_NARROW18_100DPI.DECW$FONT
(and they look different inside too)

Thank you for any further suggestion,
S
Tuesday, January 27, 2004 11:38 PM - Support

Re: Re: Re: Importing DECW fonts

Sorry for the late response.

The .DECW$FONT format is not supported by Xmanager. It may be a format that can be read only by VMS systems.

If you provide us with a sample file (like: TERMINAL_NARROW18_100DPI.DECW$FONT), we can try to convert it to .pcf format.

Thanks for your cooperation.

----
Technical Support