Xmanager Forum

Problem with RSA Public key authentication for SSH protocol in XSTART

Last post: Tuesday, January 20, 2004 1:34 AM by Support, 2 reply

Thursday, January 15, 2004 6:35 AM - Jeff Hardy

Problem with RSA Public key authentication for SSH protocol in XSTART

I have a problem when using RSA public key authentication for the SSH XSTART protocol. I get a error popup stating:

Failed to load private key from c:\...\...\.ssh\id_rsa.pub.

Invalid file path or public key file.

This is the same public key file that I use for doing RSA public key authentication using the cygwin OpenSSH ssh client and it works fine. Openssh asks for my passphrase and then I get logged into the remote host, but xtart xssh gives the above error.

Can you help here?

-jeff hardy
Thursday, January 15, 2004 6:38 AM - Jeff Hardy

Re: Problem with RSA Public key authentication for SSH protocol in XSTART

I should add that I am using a demo version of your latest release and that ssh protocol login using only a password (not RSA public key auth) works fine on a different host.

-jeff hardy
Tuesday, January 20, 2004 1:34 AM - Support

Re: Re: Problem with RSA Public key authentication for SSH protocol in XSTART

Xstart doesn't support RSA public key authentication for the SSH2 protocol. Only the password authentication is available at the current version.

Please try to use our ssh client, Xshell as a front-end interface for X applications. You can download it at:

/download/download.html

After connecting to the server with Xshell, just run "xterm" or other X applications. Xshell will launch Xmanager automatically.

Xmanager 2.0 will support RSA publick key with SSH2 protocol. It is planned to be released in a few months.

----
Technical Support