Xmanager Forum

Public Key authorization via ssh2 with RSA or DSA key not working

Last post: Saturday, April 20, 2002 5:52 PM by Support, 1 reply

Saturday, April 20, 2002 1:57 PM - Tom

Public Key authorization via ssh2 with RSA or DSA key not working

To whom may help:

I have been using Xmanager 1.3.9 (registered) for a few months now. For the most part I really like the application except for two issues. The issue of concern here is that I cannot get SSH2 working via public key either DSA or RSA keys. I temporarily activated ssh2 password authentication and it worked fine, also ssh1 public key works fine.

The SSH server is SSH Secure Shell version 3.1.0, I have also tried with SSH version 2.3.0 with the same results. I have tried every variation I could for the ssh advanced configurations but no avail. I reviewed the other threads concerning this issue posted last year, but since I did not identify the version of Xmanager being used, I can only assume that the version I am using (1.3.9) was supposed to operate with ssh2.

Any assistance that can be provided would be greatly appreciated.

Tom
Saturday, April 20, 2002 5:52 PM - Support

Re: Public Key authorization via ssh2 with RSA or DSA key not working

Xstart doesn't support SSH2 with public key at this time. This feature will be included in the next version.

And also we are planning to release an SSH client that can work with Xmanager smoothly and support SSH2 with public key. If you want to use a pre-release version, we will send it to you via email.

----
Technical Support