Xmanager Forum

Alt Tab: Can I Have it cycle over KDE-windows from current desktop and windows applications

Last post: Thursday, April 18, 2002 5:24 PM by berntsen, 2 reply

Thursday, April 18, 2002 4:54 PM - berntsen

Alt Tab: Can I Have it cycle over KDE-windows from current desktop and windows applications

Hi,

I would like to have a full screen session to my linux computer (it works)
login and have kde with multiple desktops (it works)

Now I would like to have alt+tab work with both my kde windows (the one kde would include in the switching cycle, i.e. presently it is only the one present on the virtual desktop I am on) and my windows windows (outlook, ...)

Is that possible?

Happy Computing
/Nikolaj

P.S. I am sitting on an NT-box and I am connecting to an intel Mandrake 8.1 box (which can and will be upgrade to 8.2 sometime soon)
Thursday, April 18, 2002 5:20 PM - Support

Re: Alt Tab: Can I Have it cycle over KDE-windows from current desktop and windows applications

You can assign "Tab" symbol for F10 or other keys using Keyboard Editor. And then use Alt+F10 to switch X applications. The overall steps are:

1. run Xconfig utility.
2. choose "Input" tab.
3. click "Edit..." button at the Keyboard File list.
4. change the value of F10 key to "Tab".
5. save and restart Xmanager.

There is no way to use Alt+Tab with KDE and Windows simultaneously.

----
Technical Support
Thursday, April 18, 2002 5:24 PM - berntsen

Re: Re: Alt Tab: Can I Have it cycle over KDE-windows from current desktop and windows applications

OK, there is no way to use Alt+Tab simultaneously.

A better way to switch windows in KDE is, I think, to set the windows switch short cut inside KLDE to, say Alt+¿(just above tab). This way you don't have remember that tab inside X is some other character (F10).

But thanks for swift reply

/N