Xmanager Forum

Fatal Error In AutoCad R14 Lite After Installing Xamanerg 1.3.9 (Newest Buid)

Last post: Wednesday, October 15, 2003 4:57 AM by Support, 2 reply

Tuesday, October 7, 2003 2:06 AM - Steve Harrison

Fatal Error In AutoCad R14 Lite After Installing Xamanerg 1.3.9 (Newest Buid)

Starting with a new HD I installed all the programes needed. Then I installed Xmanger and it ran fine. When I tried to run AutoCad though I recieved a "Fatal Error". I then reinstalled AutoCad and got the same error . I then uninstaled Xamager and then reinstalled AutoCad and it worked fine. Tried the whole senario over again and installing Xmanager still was causing the problems with AutoCad. Any ideas?

-Steve
Wednesday, October 8, 2003 12:27 AM - Support

Re: Fatal Error In AutoCad R14 Lite After Installing Xamanerg 1.3.9 (Newest Buid)

This kind of problem was not reported yet. There may be a conflict in installation program. Xmanager itself doesn't copy or overwrite system files. All the files are installed in the Xmanager folder you specified.

Xmanager uses InstallShield Developer 7 to build an installable program. If the AutoCad program uses an older version or the one published by another vendor, it's possible to produce such an error.

Anyway, we need to try to reproduce the same in our environment to figure out the reason. If possible, please try to do the same installations in another PC.

As soon as we get a copy of AutoCad R14 Lite, we will reply to this article.

----
Technical Support
Wednesday, October 15, 2003 4:57 AM - Support

Re: Fatal Error In AutoCad R14 Lite After Installing Xamanerg 1.3.9 (Newest Buid)

We have tried to install AutoCad R14 Lite and Xmanager 1.3.9 in Windows 2000 and XP. There was no problem in installing and using both programs.

It seems that there is another problem in your Windows. As of now we have no suggestion for the problem except installing your Windows again.

For further support, please let us know the detailed version of your Windows machine.

----
Technical Support