Xftp Forum

Shared Sessionsw between Xshell and Xftp - Feature Request

Last post: Thursday, February 27, 2014 10:05 PM by Support, 9 reply

Wednesday, June 30, 2010 11:36 PM - Raz Goren

Shared Sessionsw between Xshell and Xftp - Feature Request

It would be very nice to have a shared sessions folder between Xshell and XFTP
I usually work with several machines and need to open an SSH and anSCP session to them
When creating my favorite sessions I need to create them twice (once for Xshell and once for XFTP)

Regards
Raz

http://sites.google.com/site/mountainbikeridesinisrael

Program Ver. : Xftp 3.0
Monday, July 5, 2010 1:07 AM - Support

Re: Shared Sessionsw between Xshell and Xftp - Feature Request

Thank you for sharing your idea. We think this is a great idea. In fact, we have implemented something similar to this in our next edition.

In the Xbrowser 4.0, you can start a connection using different protocols from a single session. Please check back again soon for any updates on 4.0 beta release.

---
Technical Support
Wednesday, September 1, 2010 10:32 PM - Raz Goren

Nice , although not exactly what I was looking for .
Maybe I"ll get used to working with this in this way .

Regards
Raz
Wednesday, September 1, 2010 10:54 PM - Support

We are working on a feature that will let you use a Xshell session in Xftp and vice versa. I will post a note once the feature is ready.

---
Technical Support
Tuesday, September 11, 2012 6:59 PM - Stephan

This thread is 2 years old and has no updates and the feature is still not implemented.

From the two configurations, nothing seems much different. Is there a reason the session folders haven't been enabled for sharing yet?
Wednesday, September 12, 2012 3:17 AM - Support

I see this is in our queue. So far, our developers were focusing on stabilizing stable application since we have many commercial users. I have requested for this feature one more time. Thank you for your patience and we appreciate you for sending us your feedback.

---
Technical Support
Wednesday, January 15, 2014 11:38 AM - KMacKenzie

I would also very much like this feature, this would save me a lot of time and my hope that you supported this feature is what drew me to your product.

An alternative solution would be to allow the user to swap tabs between windows, or to have new sessions automatically open within the same window.

At the moment, if you have multiple sessions open in xshell and want to open them in xftp, you can do so using ctrl+alt+f but you end up with a whole bunch of windows instead of one window with multiple tabs. (the same happens vice-versa programs).

If your software supported this it would be an easy sell to my organization to have them adopt it.
Thursday, January 16, 2014 1:17 AM - Support

I have reported the feature request to our developers. I agree with you that when opening Xshell session from Xftp or Xftp from Xshell, the new session should be attached to the existing window (unless it is configured to use a single tab only).

---
Technical Support
Wednesday, February 26, 2014 9:16 PM - Ethan

Any update on this feature? Would love to be able to "Open in XFTP" when I am in Xshell...
Thursday, February 27, 2014 10:05 PM - Support

You will be able to import Xshell sessions in Xftp and Xftp sessions in Xshell in version 5. Public beta will be available soon.

---
Technical Support